Software Developer - Head Office
Software Developer - Head Office, Heywood
Job Reference: SD1
Chances are, if you’re looking to work with us, you’ve probably got some idea of what we’re all about. But allow us to introduce ourselves:
Footasylum was born in late 2005, with a mission to bring some excitement to the streetwear scene. Going from a single unit in Wilmslow to over 55 high street stores nationwide, our team have a passion for the product and their collective knowledge is what separates us from the competition. In a world where clothes shopping is a stale affair, Footasylum retail environments are unique and intriguing. We move beyond the traditional and aren’t afraid to break the mould.
Always cooler, always faster, always ahead of the game: We are Footasylum.
- Strong experience of full-lifecycle development (ASP.NET and C#) is essential, as well as solid RDBMS (SQL Server) skills. Experience building complex backend solutions.
- Strong Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Demonstrable experience of contributing to a product development roadmap and delivering on time.
- TDD experience
- Working with 3rd party APIs (Eg. Google Maps, Stripe, Twilio). Any integration experience a benefit.
- CI using tools like AppVeyor / Team City
- Agile working practices. Experience working in a collaborative team using GitHub / Jira or similar.
- Experience in NOSQL systems such as MongoDB a bonus.
- Keen eye for detail
- Strong communication skills
- Well organised and determined to deliver a quality solution
- Researching, designing, writing and testing new software programs which will involve building rapid prototypes to quickly demonstrate new features and validate product ideas
- Writing robust application code that will power the company’s internal systems as well as writing and deploying code for customer facing services.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects
- Investigating new technologies
- Creating technical specifications and test plans
- Problem-solving and thinking laterally as part of a team, or individually, to meet the needs of the business and the project.
You will ideally be:
- Passionate, we are looking for people who really care and enjoy what they do and can bring that to our business – when you enjoy doing something you always do it better!
- Innovative, confident coming up with suggestions to try and make things better - that next big idea is just around the corner!
- Determined to deliver the changes and improvements that we need to succeed - you have the power to make the difference
- Motivated by an opportunity that allows you to be closely involved with business stakeholders and understand how you can make a difference rather than just working from a detailed technical specification
- Ready for a challenge, we have a world of opportunities ahead of us but need to work hard to make sure we realize our full potential
There’s no shortage of benefits! These include 20 days’ holiday rising one year for each year of service up to 25 days, generous staff discount and fantastic career progression for the right candidate.
If you really want to play a huge role in the future of the business, then this is the perfect platform and opportunity. Please send your CV to Chris.Walker@footasylum.com