Merchandiser - Head Office
Merchandiser - Head Office, Heywood
Job Reference: MER1
Chances are, if you’re looking to work with us, you’ve probably got some idea of what we’re all about. But allow us to introduce ourselves:
Footasylum was born in late 2005, with a mission to bring some excitement to the streetwear scene. Going from a single unit in Wilmslow to over 55 high street stores nationwide, our team have a passion for the product and their collective knowledge is what separates us from the competition. In a world where clothes shopping is a stale affair, Footasylum retail environments are unique and intriguing. We move beyond the traditional and aren’t afraid to break the mould.
Always cooler, always faster, always ahead of the game: We are Footasylum.
- Partner with the HOM to create a top line quarterly / seasonal strategy relating to all KPI’s and communicate to the teams relating to all KPI’s.
- Visit and gain knowledge of all the stores in the estate and create a distribution plan with regional difference.
- Provide historical analysis to develop quarterly / seasonal planning forecasts for departments of responsibility
- Create and collate total company quarterly / seasonal range plans in conjunction with the buyers : review with BD and HOM.
- Create seasonal markdown planning documents and collate total departments proposals for review with HOM versus financial targets.
- Create quarterly / seasonal planning packs together with the buyers.
- Communicate quarterly / seasonal plans to the relevant internal departments within the wider business.
- Build / maintain relationships with strategic brand partners.
- Ensure all deadlines are met in accordance with the buying calendar.
- Uplift all plans into a WSSI / Stock mon and manage the OTB / phasing of stock to optimise profitability.
- Provide weekly summary of key performance indicators within departments of responsibility and the wider business, relating to sales, stock, profit, versus budget and last year.
- Provide weekly trading actions to optimise department sales and margin.
- Key contact for all analysis relating to departments of responsibility.
- Maintain weekly stock sales and intake forecasts via the stock mon.
- Manage intake flow into business to hit monthly forecasts, drive sales and minimise risks and communicate to DC for short term work flow planning and longer term budgeting.
- Work with the team to control branch inventory levels, allocations and replenishment to branches as required.
- Key contact for stores on inventory availability queries.
- Provide analysis and summary of markdown and promotional activity for departments of responsibility and wider business.
- Responsible for ensuring that mark downs are on the system in line with the mark down calendar.
- Interact with other internal teams to improve performance and drive best practices.
- Key contact for merchandise reporting and all aspects of merchandising processes and system use.
- Ensure the team are all focused and working towards a shared goal.
- Use the grading system and the PDP's to encourage and support all members of the team to maximise their potential.
- Conduct annual appraisals and set clear objectives that feed into the business strategy.
- Arrange and facilitate regular one to one review meetings with the team to support them with their PDP and objectives.
- Recruit junior members of the team.
- Congratulate success.
- Advanced planning and analytical skills, including computer skills.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
- Specific experience in fashion retail merchandising preferably within multi-brand environment.
- Proactive and a compelling role model.
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Confidence in suggesting calculated risks.
- Strong customer awareness and understanding.
- An ardent determination to support the stores.
- Passionate about product, strong market and brand awareness.
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills.
- Exceptionally organised, methodical and efficient.
There’s no shortage of benefits! These include 20 days’ holiday rising one year for each year of service up to 25 days, generous staff discount and fantastic career progression for the right candidate.
If you really want to play a huge role in the future of the business, then this is the perfect platform and opportunity. Please send your CV to Chris.Walker@footasylum.com