General Manager - Wholesale
General Manager - Wholesale
Job Reference: GMW
Chances are, if you’re looking to work with us, you’ve probably got some idea of what we’re all about. But allow us to introduce ourselves:
Footasylum was born in late 2005, with a mission to bring some excitement to the streetwear scene. Going from a single unit in Wilmslow to over 55 high street stores nationwide, our team have a passion for the product and their collective knowledge is what separates us from the competition.
In a world where clothes shopping is a stale affair, Footasylum retail environments are unique and intriguing. We move beyond the traditional and aren’t afraid to break the mould.
Always cooler, always faster, always ahead of the game: We are Footasylum.
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated General Manager. You will have responsibility for the ongoing development of a recently established wholesale function and will demonstrate the drive and passion to ensure it reaches its full potential.
With accountability for all end-to-end costs including design, production, shipping, warehouse processing and delivery etc. along with approval and onboarding of new partners, you will work with senior stakeholders across the business to develop the function whilst ensuring profits are maximised at all times.
A key part of the role will be the creation of a clear strategy for the future, setting out your vision for growth to the board to obtain buy in and approval, so you will need to be comfortable operating at a senior level. Once the strategy has been agreed you will work with stakeholders across the business to share this vision and drive progress forwards.
- Compile strategy packs and supporting documentation to clearly present your vision for the development of the wholesale channel to senior and executive management
- Create a formal strategy for the brands, partners, locations and market channels we want to work with
- Work with key stakeholders to share this strategy and understand how their respective teams can support delivery of the plan – centrally coordinate and oversee planned actions
- Scope new partnerships from a commercial and operational perspective, lead commercial negotiations, contract signing and preparation of a P&L for sign off with the board
- Be the key point of contact for internal Buying and Merchandising and Design Centre departments to drive the wholesale department priorities
- Track performance of different department/category sectors from a sales and cost perspective
- Manage the critical path and onboarding of new UK and international wholesale partners from a commercial and operational perspective
- Leading budgeting and business review meetings with wholesale partners
- Continually identify new opportunities for wholesale partners to maximise profit by identifying better ways of working and savings in the supply chain i.e. shipping, labelling etc.
- Set up internal processes and procedures to on-board and maximise the sales and profit opportunities with existing and new wholesale partners
- Build relationships across wider business functions to ensure best practices are maintained
- Investigate new commercial opportunities and ventures, identify key considerations and benefits and produce recommendations on the most appropriate way to proceed
- Display excellent inter-personal, presentation and influencing skills
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to drive profit
- Experience in business development and driving multiple projects simultaneously
- Ideally has a background in Business Unit Management, Commercial Finance or Operational Management
- Good analytical skills, excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills
- Established track record of operational excellence and successful delivery
- Be able to demonstrate pro-activity in sourcing new ideas and inspiration
- Comfortable working independently or as part of a fast-paced team
- Experience working in a retail or wholesale environment
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post to Footasylum Ltd, Sandbrook House, Sandbrook Park, Rochdale, Lancs, OL11 1RY