Nike – Sneakers for Superstars
Nike has based its marketing strategy on hiring the biggest sporting superstars to promote its products. Nike is undoubtedly one of the world’s largest – and most recognisable -brands. Its swoosh logo is known around the globe, appearing on millions of pairs and trainers and clothing items. One of the ways it has achieved this is by hiring massive celebrities to promote its products. Here’s how they’ve done it.
Nike – Global Domination
If shown an image of the swoosh logo, most people in Western and even developing countries would recognise it as the Nike logo. The brand has furiously built up a global platform from which to sell its sports shoes, street sneakers, clothing and accessories. Even people who hate playing sports love to be seen in the brand, its crossover appeal lying partly in the brand’s ability to produce products that looks as good off the sports courts as on them.
Nike – Superstar
Support Nike has also ensured its domination by acquiring the endorsement of the biggest sports celebrities on the planet. After all, if Tiger Woods is seen using Nike gear, then which die-hard golf fans aren’t going to want to follow suit? It’s a brilliant strategy that has worked on many different levels. Take, for example, the Nike and Michael Jordan partnership, which has gone down in marketing history as one of the most successful celebrity endorsements of all time. It was so successful in fact, that Nike and Jordan teamed up to design a special Air Jordan range of trainers. Without Jordan’s endorsement, it is highly unlikely that Nike would have been the big hit it has been. Another winning strategy was formed when Nike wanted to enter the golf market, with little experience of the sport. It immediately snapped up the sport’s best player – Tiger Woods – to promote its golf line, and the rest as they say is history.
Nike – Famous names
Nike has used many famous names to endorse its goods, including these superstars:
- Andre Agassi: The tennis champ aced his way to victory at Grand Slam tournaments around the world wearing Nike products.
- Michael Jordan: The basketball giant helped Nike reach new heights with his endorsement on the NBA courts.
- Wayne Rooney: The English player kicked off another successful endorsement deal for Nike to reach British football fans.
- Maria Sharapova: The star of women’s tennis ensured her endorsement with Nike was another game, set, match for the brand.
- Dennis Rodman: The flamboyant basketball player ensured another endorsement hit for Nike on the courts.
- Spike Lee: Nike even managed to get one of the world’s most famous movie directors on their side with a brand endorsement.
Visit Footasylum to get yours. Footasylum are one of the UK's leading suppliers of top class fashion labels ranging from the Superdry brand to Lacoste. Offering a first class array of clothing and footwear, Footasylum is delighted to be on the forefront of fashion by bringing the greatest brands to you at excellent prices. Footasylum have been trading since 2005 and now have many high street stores that offer brands that compliment the diverse mix of sneaker culture. On top of offering the leading fashion labels, Footasylum also pride themselves on their excellent service and providing an enjoyable shopping experience.