Nike – Sneakers for Superstars
Nike has based its marketing strategy on hiring the biggest sporting superstars to promote its products. Nike is undoubtedly one of the world’s largest – and most recognisable -brands. Its swoosh logo is known around the globe, appearing on millions of pairs and trainers and clothing items. One of the ways it has achieved this is by hiring massive celebrities to promote its products. Here’s how they’ve done it.
- Andre Agassi: The tennis champ aced his way to victory at Grand Slam tournaments around the world wearing Nike products.
- Michael Jordan: The basketball giant helped Nike reach new heights with his endorsement on the NBA courts.
- Wayne Rooney: The English player kicked off another successful endorsement deal for Nike to reach British football fans.
- Maria Sharapova: The star of women’s tennis ensured her endorsement with Nike was another game, set, match for the brand.
- Dennis Rodman: The flamboyant basketball player ensured another endorsement hit for Nike on the courts.
- Spike Lee: Nike even managed to get one of the world’s most famous movie directors on their side with a brand endorsement.